The ATS LBA-5 MK III lightweight head is a bass guitar amplifier developed with a completely different goal compared to its big brothers BP500 and BP1000
The ATS LBA-5 MK III lightweight head is a bass guitar amplifier developed with a completely different goal compared to its big brothers BP500 and BP1000: high sound performances in compact space and little weight (just 1.9 Kg).
Although realised with MOSFET bulk components the LBA-5 MK III pre-amp stage features warm and mellow sounds typical of all tube pre-amps.
In its development and fine-tuning the LBA-5 MK III preamp has been continuously compared to that one of the ATS BP500 and it was designed to preserve its sound qualities.
The implementation of a standard semi-parametric mid-band, the asymmetric trebles (working on different frequencies) and the special “Contour” controls complete an extremely efficient and versatile tone controls section.
Together they provide countless and very interesting combinations of sound frequency response: it is an exclusive innovation introduced by ATS.
The class D solid state final stage of the LBA-5 MK III thanks to the oversized power supply, delivers 600 W of RMS power with extremely fast dynamic response.
The LBA-5 MKIII represents the state of the art of lightweight bass amplifiers delivering a warm sound, high versatile tone controls, fast response and high power in a compact case.
Description of the I/O controls:
INPUT 1: All equalization controls placed on the front panel are active on this channel
INPUT 2: There are no equalization controls on this second channel and the response is completely flat, such as in the best Hi-End amp. On this second channel it is possible to amplify a second instrument, or to enter with a different sound source, such as a CD player, PC, Mixer etc.
D.I. Output: Adjustable from +10db to -10db on 600ohm impedance.
Tuner Output: Output for the tuner, usable also to send the signal to another second amp.
Send Output: “Post” audio output, for post processing and audio effects.
Return Input: Input of the audio signal, coming from external devices
- Amps spec
- input 1 - 6,3 mm. jack for both inputs input 2 - Flat input.
- Amp Specs - Tone Control:
- Bass FC: 50 Hz ± 15 dB Midrange control (Semi-parametric) FC: 200Hz ÷ 2kHz ± 15 dB High F+: 6000 Hz ± 15 dB Asymmetrical frequency control F-: 4000 Hz ± 15 dB
- Amp Specs - Contour Control:
- > 0 db (rif. center) FC1 100 Hz 0 dB ÷ + 15 dB FC2 330 Hz 0 dB ÷ − 10 dB FC3 2 kHz 0 dB ÷ + 15 dB < 0 db FC1 100 Hz 0 dB ÷ − 15 dB FC2 560 Hz 0 dB ÷ + 10 dB FC3 2 kHz 0 dB ÷ − 15 dB
- Amp Specs - Frequency Response:-1
- 10Hz ÷ 25.000Hz +/-1db
- Amp Specs - Weight:-1
- 2 Kg
- Amp Specs - Power output Connectors:
- 1 Speakon
- Amp Specs - Tuner Out:
- 1 Jack out
- Amp Specs - Power out:
- 300 W to 8 ohm and 600 W to 4 ohm
You might also like